Thursday, March 1, 2007

Take Care of Your Skin


You only have one face and the camera loves it, so it's in your best interest to always take care of your skin. If you have flawless skin naturally, then this may or may not apply to you. Everyone gets the occasional breakout or pimple now and then. Be sure to visit your dermatologist to make sure you know what your skin type is and if you need to start using special skin care products to maintain a clean and clear complexion.

If you don't already, you need to develop a good daily skin care regimen. This includes cleansing, toning and moisturizing, with exfoliation once to twice a week. Choose a skin care line that meets your skin's needs and won't cause you to have an allergic reaction. The products your friends use may not work out the same for you so don't take that risk.

Already used to wearing makeup? That's great, hopefully you already have a good routine in place. Of course, it is always better to let your skin breathe so don't feel like you have to wear makeup everyday. Less is always more and your skin will feel much better without being weighed down.

Most cosmetic brands are very skin care friendly but be that as it may, wearing heavy makeup for hours on shoots can cause a lot of wear and tear on your skin. So make sure to always thoroughly cleanse your face after a shoot. And this is so obvious but you should NEVER SLEEP WITH MAKEUP ON!

Luckily the makeup I've used on my shoots hasn't made me break out but when I go out to shoot on location, I always bring my cleanser, toner and moisturizer with me...especially if I'm shooting in really hot temperatures. Not only is my makeup going to melt off my face, but the added sweat makes my face a breeding ground for oils, dirt and bacteria that clogs up my pores. If there's a bathroom, I'll duck out during breaks and dab at my makeup. I've even been known to completely wash my face during a shoot just so that my face can breathe. But I do freelance work and often am able to call the shots on my gigs, which you may not be able to do. In this case, make sure to wash your face diligently when your shoot is over.

You shouldn't count on makeup to take care of your skin problems, nor should you rely on it. Handle your skin care first and use makeup to enhance the beauty you already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment