Saturday, January 2, 2010

Answering a Reader Question #60


Sojah Wrote:

Hello,


I have a question about relocation. I am an aspiring Fit/Plus Size model from Pittsburgh, PA. There is next to no work here. I am interested in being a fit model for Abercrombie & Fitch whose headquarters are in Colombus. Colombus is more than a 2 hour drive. If I submit my measurements and photos and if they are interested and hire me, how long will they give me to relocate?

I don't want to move there without having a job.


Hey, Sojah! Great question, thanks for taking the time to ask. Unfortunately, pursuing a modeling career for Abercrombie & Fitch cannot be approached the same way you would any other type of client. Abercrombie & Fitch does not hire models just because they are local to their headquarters. Aside from having a modeling agent that has A&F as their client to submit you, the only other way you can possibly be a model for them is to get hired as an employee at your nearest A&F store. Once you are hired and have been there for a while (not sure of the time period), only then will you be eligible to submit yourself for their ads and marketing campaigns. Additionally, as far as I know there is no plus size category for the A&F line, which means that unless you have a great look they can use, they may not have a place for you in their campaigns.

Please read my detailed blog post about what it takes to be a model for A&F...it will give you a much better idea of what is required:

Do You Want to Be an Abercrombie & Fitch Model?

PA isn't one of the huge modeling markets out there but I did a quick search and came up with these three agencies that are in the Pittsburg area. If you have not already submitted yourself to these, I highly suggest you do so, especially since two of these three hold open casting calls:

Docherty Model & Talent Agency
109 Market St
Pittsburgh, PA  15222
http://www.dochertyagency.com
*They hold open casting calls*

The Talent Group
2820 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
http://www.talentgroup.com
*They hold open casting calls*

Click Models of Philadelphia Inc.
216 Green Tree Drive
Westchester, PA 19382
http://www.clickmodel.com
*They have a plus size division and is a very reputable agency*

No comments:

Post a Comment