Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Beauty Regimen


Because a lot of people are fascinated by getting "model skin," I thought it would be fun to post my beauty regimen in more detail. I do stress that what works for one person may not necessarily work for someone else so before you go out there and buy the same products I'll be listing here, be sure to get the right ones for your skin type and always do a patch test to avoid any bad skin reactions. I have combination skin with eczema so unless you've got that same skin type, you may not experience the same results with your skin that I have but feel free to use my beauty regimen as a reference in creating your own. Most importantly, tailor your beauty/skin care regimen to fit your skin's needs.

FACE

Every morning and every night before bed, I cleanse with the Clinique 3-Step Mild Facial Cleanser. Then I apply the Clinique 3-Step Clarifying Lotion (toner) and moisturize with ATOPALM MLE Cream. I apply a heavier dose of moisturizer to my cheeks because with combo skin that area tends to get dry easily and I only apply a thin amount to my T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) since they get oily quickly.

Once to twice a week I'll exfoliate with Oil of Olay Daily Facials Intensives Smooth Skin Scrub. When I notice the pores on my nose getting too big, I'll apply a Biore pore strip and leave it on until it is completely dry. Although it does hurt when I take it off, I quickly apply a cool compress and remove any parts of the strip that get stuck on my skin. Because the pore strips can be tough on the skin, I only use them before a shoot, casting or when I just can't stand looking at my enormous pores anymore. :)

When I can't stand my eyebrows anymore, I get them professionally threaded at a local salon. For only $8 I get clean brows in less than 10 minutes...I will never go back to waxing or plucking ever!

HAIR

I chemically relax my hair and have been doing it for years so my hair is used to it. I do it myself at home once every 2-3 months. While my hair is pretty straight normally, my roots tend to get wavy so I use the relaxer to smoothen and make it look nice and purdy. lol. I use Soft and Beautiful Normal Strength. Because chemical relaxers are so harsh on the hair, I make sure to do a lot of extra care so that my hair doesn't suffer from too much damage. I get my ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks to avoid breakage. I use Eurfora Pure Cleanse Therapeutic Shampoo and Eufora Urgent Repair Replenishing Treatment. Once a week I deep condition my hair using a product called Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment. I blot my hair with a towel and keep it slightly damp and work the deep conditioner from roots to tips. Then I pin it up and sit under a portable hair dryer, which has a hood attachment. I wish I could find a picture of it but it was a few years ago so they may not make the one I use anymore but it's a real find! After 5-10 minutes, I rinse my hair out and spritz it with Pureology ColourMax before blow drying it with the Straight-On Dual Professional Straightening Pic attachment. Once my hair is dry I try to avoid putting any heat on it for a few days. When it's time to curl my hair, I use the Pureology ColourMax on each section of hair so that it's protected against any thermal damage.

HANDS & FEET

I carry a small tube of Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream and apply it whenever my hands get dry. I massage the lotion deep into my hands and also apply it onto my nails. I keep my fingernails slightly short and I never get acrylic or any special manicure stuff done. I do however get a pedicure done with French tips. It's clean and matches whatever I choose to wear for a shoot.

BODY

I use regular Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion all over my body and I use a loofah to gently exfoliate in the shower. This may sound weird but when I have a shoot or casting coming up and I need my skin to look its best, I don't shave for at least 5 days. No, I'm not talking about not taking a shower at all, but I let my hair grow out. I've found that letting it all grow out longer gives me a much closer shave and my skin looks and feels a lot better afterwards instead of shaving every other day or whatnot. I don't know, but it works for me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Arkamin Tablet is utilized in the treatment of expanded blood pressure and withdrawal. It works by diminishing the levels of certain compound couriers in the body. Accordingly, Arkamin 100mg tablet brings down the blood pressure by loosening up the blood vessels.

    ReplyDelete